All our products are made from 100% Pure New Wool. Wool is a natural fibre with outstanding attributes and we love working with it. There is nothing better for warmth than wool. It is highly breathable and adjusts to changes in body temperature. It is resilient and elastic, resistant to staining and odours, renewable, and at the end of its useful life, it is biodegradable.
Woollen fibres have a protective waxy coating, which makes them more resistant to staining. You won’t need to wash a woollen product nearly as much as man-made fibres and often a good shake and airing will do the trick.
When the time has come and you would like to clean your woollens more thoroughly, we recommend hand-washing them.
- Wash by hand at 30ºC using a wool detergent.
- Gently squeeze and move your washing through the water, but avoid rubbing, which can cause it to shrink.
- Rinse in lukewarm water several times.
- Squeeze out excess water by hand or give a short light spin in the washing machine.
- Dry naturally on a washing line or lay on a dry towel away from direct sunlight.
- Never use a tumble dryer to dry your woollens.
Most washing machines have a wool cycle. While hand-washing is the safer option, large throws are pretty difficult to handle so we wash ours in the washing machine at 30ºC, using a wool detergent. We wouldn’t give a general recommendation to machine wash, as results will depend on the washing machine. But if you’ve tried your washing machine’s wool cycle before and are happy with the result, this can be an easier option than hand-washing.
Alternatively, gentle dry clean.