All our products are made from 100% Pure New Wool. Wool is a natural fibre with outstanding attributes and we love working with it. There is nothing better for warmth than wool. It is highly breathable and adjusts to changes in body temperature. It is resilient and elastic, resistant to staining and odours, renewable, and at the end of its useful life, it is biodegradable.
Woollen fibres have a protective waxy coating, which makes them more resistant to staining. You won’t need to wash a woollen product nearly as much as man-made fibres and often a good shake and airing will do the trick.
When time has come and you would like to clean your woollens more thoroughly, you can do so safely by hand-washing.
- Wash by hand at 30ºC using a wool detergent.
- Gently squeeze and move your washing through the water, but avoid rubbing, which can cause it to shrink.
- Rinse in lukewarm water several times.
- Squeeze out excess water by hand or give a short light spin in the washing machine.
- Dry naturally on a washing line or lay on a dry towel away from direct sunlight.
- Never use a tumble drier to dry your woollens.
Alternatively, dry clean.