What are Cookies?
Most websites use small text files called cookies to help customise your user experience – they are stored by the browser (e.g. Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer) and are used for a range of (mostly valid) purposes:
- Analysis of visitor behaviour (known as ‘analytics’)
- To personalise pages and remember visitor preferences
- To manage shopping carts in online stores
- To track people across websites and deliver targeted advertising
1. Google Analytics – these are used by us to analyse overall visitor trends to our site.
2. Facebook – to make it easier for you to share information about our website.
3. cc_cookie_accept – to remember your cookie preferences for the next time you visit.
Specific cookies on this website
We use the following specific cookies:
WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform we use to run our online shop. The first two cookies contain information about the shopping cart as a whole and help WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The third cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
Google Analytics makes use of another 3 cookies:
_ga – Used to Distinguish Users
_gid – Used to Distinguish Users
_gat – Used to throttle request rate.
datr – used by Facebook
cc_cookie_accept – to remember your cookie preferences for the next time you visit.
Third Party Cookies
You can block cookies directly from your browser, usually found under Tools / Options / Privacy. Alternatively you can learn more about it on www.aboutcookies.org.uk
You can delete cookies directly from your browser. To learn how to delete cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk